Monday, June 14, 2010

Afternoon- Out of OR

This is Dave's fiancé, Melissa. We just got word that he is out of the OR after about a 4 hour surgery. We cant see him yet for another 45 minutes, but we're told that he remained stable during the surgery. He had the pericardium removed from the most damaged part of his left frontal side of the head and replaced with a layer of the back of his leg muscle. He also has a drain in place to relieve any swelling that may occur. We are now awaiting the Doc's reviews of surgery and the 24 hour EEG monitor test to give us a better understanding of his prognosis. I cant tell you how overwhelming and amazing all the outpour of support, prayers, Gods miraculous stories and love sent our way has been! We have been telling Dave everyday of all the support from all over the country and world he is receiving. THANK YOU for your continued prayers for God's divine intervention in healing the man I love most in this world.
God Bless,
Melissa


3 comments:

  1. Chet, Beverly, Melissa and the rest of the family, I can't tell you how much it breaks my heart to hear all that your family is going thought right now. We will keep you in our prayers daily and think of you often, and pray that the Lord be with Dave and grant him a full recovery.

    Stay strong Chet, you know how highly I think of you. Faith conquers all.

    With love and prayers,
    Beth and Jason Warren and the boys, Christian, Jonah, Kellen and Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Wiz I can't wait to see him once he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I've been thinking about you a lot too since all of this happened. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you guys besides pray and keep you in my thoughts! -Rocky

    ReplyDelete